Friday, November 2, 2012

Cool, Free Origamic Architecture Templates

Free Origamic Architecture Templates from Popupology.com




I am working on some new templates for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but in the meantime I would like to introduce you to Elod Beregszaszi who is a wonderful, up and coming Origamic Architecture Artist.  He has recently added a "Learn" section to his website http://www.popupology.co.uk/ and each Friday, he shares a new free pattern and folding video.  Check out his gallery where you can gaze in awe at his fabulous works. (That's what I do when I visit it.)  You may want to drop by and LIKE his page at https://www.facebook.com/Popupology and get the latest news about his exhibits and free workshops.

Here are the available Popupology patterns :  This Friday's Pattern is Kinetic Heart #2

Previous Friday Patterns:
St. Paul's Cathedral      Simple House #1      Steps      Invasion!    Kinetic Heart #1

While you are there take look at his new line of mirrored paper Kinetic Jewelry!  Very chic!

Contacting me: To leave a comment, click on the word Comments in the box below the post. All comments are approved by me before publishing. You may also e-mail me directly by clicking on the e-mail icon. If you enjoy collecting these patterns and don't want to miss one, PLEASE follow me by e-mail and add my e-mail address to your address book. Look for the red arrow in the right hand column. Fill in the e-mail box and click submit. Your e-mail address will never be sold or distributed or used for any reason other than sharing EZ3D content and news. If you have a Facebook account, would you please take a few seconds and like me on Facebook. Thanks so much and have fun!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jean, Thanks for this link. Such amazing work! I printed a couple of the patterns to try. He made it look so easy. I'm thinking I'll have to try it several times to make mine look presentable. I don't know if I mentioned on your other posts how nice your Halloween card turned out. It is so much fun to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pamela! Yes, Elod is awesome. He does something in the instructions that is new to me. He tells you to cut all the lines. This causes a perforation making the white area on each side into tiny tabs. You have to be very careful about folding it. If they tear, you will have to do it again. If you find it tearing, you may want to try cutting the folding lines a little shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But how to remove those
    dotted lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smruti, ideally you cut from the back and fold from the front and the lines won't show.

      Delete

Care to share a comment?